It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 11:59 am

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:49 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Hey Everyone :-) :banana:

I have a suggestion for anyone who plays or would like to play on our new Arma 3 Exile server.

Would you be interested in a Map change? Based on Poland. It looks like something out of Band of Brothers (Tv show)...Europe WWII summer time.

It's a really cool looking map and definitely gives you the Whole WWII Feel with bombed out buildings, rolling countryside etc. Believe or not there is a map with Omaha Beach...that looked really cool.

Size wise it's bigger than Takastani but not as big as Altis. So not to big you can't get around in a ground vehicle...but also gives you the scope for more missions and also to use aircraft. Also apart from half-tracks all the vehicles move better on the map than on Takastani.

This is a link to a you tube video to give you a rough idea of what towns will look like..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWLxJ9pQQGY

Now i know the Takastani Map isn't even fully up and running yet......... but having had the pleasure last night of watching Shaun show me how you create an Arma 3 server he said it wouldn't be to difficult to get this up and running.

Anyway what do you think?

Shaun would like to do it and is happy to create it...So what do you all think?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:09 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

looks like a good map, I'd be up for that no issues :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:27 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

It is a little larger and a based around the European theater. I definitely like it a lot. I was listening to feedback from everyone that has been helping me test takistan and i is not mountainous like Taki so the vehicles become more usable in all area. It's not a desert. To be clear, changing maps is fairly simple on my end. Most of the work has already been done so it's really not much work to take what we have and plug it in to a new map so don't worry about more work on me as there isn't much. I just want YOU guys to be happy and be interested in what we are playing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:08 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

If it's a "totally" different map, and will require new traders...I can make them.
"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."----Thomas Paine

"I am sore wounded but not slain I will lay me down and bleed a while And then rise up to fight again"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:25 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I"m making some currently but I can guarantee they won't look half as good as the ones you put together will.