It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:06 am

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:28 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFyhn6seoow

When I asked for help piecing together a gaming computer all the help I got was on the hard drive. I am trying to get a true gaming computer put together for myself and I came across this on
YouTube. If any of you computer geeks have better ideas please help me if you are going to key into one piece of a build please keep it to yourself.

I am using a 10+ year old system to play and I want to piece together a decent gaming computer and that is what I am asking for help about.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:33 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Good video. Can't say anything about the AMD components, I'm using Intel CPU's, but first look, nice rig.

Go for a m.2 SSD PCI-x4. More expensive but if you upgrade CPU/GPU in the future, you allready have the ultra fast disk.

Myself I'm looking for a case with preferably 2x 5,25" drive bays, 1x BD, 1x DVD drive. Need those for ripping CD's and Blu-ray disks and there aren't any decent 5,25" external drive cases available anymore. Can't find them anyway. (slim drive drives aren't an option for me, my Plextor drives 'read' more secure then any other drive out there, especially the slim types).