It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:41 am

Post subject: Triple Monitor Setup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:35 am 
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

hey guys, i have just purchased my second 32" samsung TV for my computer and will be looking for a third in the future!! as of now, my video card will only support a dual monitor setup, which is nice, but not quite what i want. what i am looking for is a Geforce chipset vid card ( not an ati person) that is atleast 1 gig ram, with multiple DVI or HDMI outputs that will support large resolutions but for a "fair" price.

there is a saying in racing "how fast you want to go, depends on how much you want to spend" well i want to go fast, but not spend so much.

looking to get your folks' feedback on good cards, or alternate ideas for achieving triple display set up.
"The opposite of Pro is Con, that fact is clearly seen, if Progress means move forward, then what does Congress mean?"
"Enjoy your animal shaped biscuits, do not eat if seal is broken"

Post subject: Re: Triple Monitor Setup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:40 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

wow Tick, that sounds like quite a setup...must have cost some bucks :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:47 am 
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

RAW Beechy wrote:
wow Tick, that sounds like quite a setup...must have cost some bucks :shock:

lol. i work at walmart and i bought them from there so they werent too spendy lol. the first one was 298, the second i got a 20% discount on for the holidays, so i put it on layaway and waited for my credit card to come in the mail, and while i was waiting the original price dropped another 20 bucks or so. got the second TV for around 212 :D now i just need one more and a vid card, and then im all good to go for some serious BF and iRacing! i figure the more screens i have the better chances i have of seeing dark around the corner in BF3.. that way i can kill him alot more!!! :lolsign:
"The opposite of Pro is Con, that fact is clearly seen, if Progress means move forward, then what does Congress mean?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:20 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Oh crap! You're just making Dark bigger and scarier!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:47 pm 
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Do you plan on playing video games over all 3? or just want to drag stuff around? are they 1080p or 720? if you plan on using them to play video games on you need 2 cards in Sli and you need some real card power like 2 560 TI at the Min. or you can do it with just 1 590 or 690
AMD Bulldozer 8150 8 Core 4.9GHz 16GB DDR3 1866 GTX 590 in 4 way SLI 1.1GHz Core clock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:13 pm 
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Maybe look at the 660 or 660Ti I hear that one of the best Nvidia cards for your buck at the mo, and as said above you'll need at least a Dual SLi to run 3 monitors.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:01 pm 
Private First Class
Private First Class

I use 2 x 560's on an SLI setup, along with a Matrox Digital TripleHead2Go.
Although the only games I use all 3 monitors for are BF3 and FSX.
I plan on beefing up my PSU and adding another TH2G & 3 more monitors.
Just because, on FSX I like the instruments on the top 3 and the cockpit view on the bottom.

Maniac

Last edited by Maniac on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:05 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Is the triple monitor setup strictly for gaming?
I have built pcs for high end graphics before using
Matrox cards with upto 6 outputs on a single card.

However, that was many years ago. There are many
options out there today to setup multiple monitors.

If it's not strictly for gaming, you may want to consider
some very inexpensive alternatives.

Like USB to HDMI External Dual or Multi Monitor Video Adapters.
"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."----Thomas Paine

"I am sore wounded but not slain I will lay me down and bleed a while And then rise up to fight again"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:56 am 
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

this is my main computer, it is the only one that i use. yes the triple setup is for gaming purposes only. BF3 and iRacing are the only games that i have at the moment that support 3 monitors. i have now a Gigabyte 560TI and would LOVE to get another one of those, but i havent been able to find any cause there not being made anymore. i also have thought about going with the SLI direction but that would intern make me upgrade my motherboard, ram and processor which isnt a bad thing, but im not made out of money :( i just found a 650TI 2GB vid card ( http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... 9&csid=_61 ) i dont like how its completely covered with just one fan, the vid card i have now has two fans on it and it seems to be nice and cool, i still have an external fan blowing on it just in-case.

since i have several folks giving input, how about we go about this in a different way. i propose that each of you that read this and have good info for me to make a small "wishlist" and post links here. it may take some time to do for you guys but would be very helpful. id like to stay with AMD Processor and GeForce video cards. id like to go single card as my current motherboard doesnt support SLI. if it would be better to go SLI put that into the wishlist.
and by GeForce video cards i mean chipset, name brand doesnt really matter.

my current computer specs are as follows:
Mother board: ASUS M4A78L-M------ http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2Plus/M4A78LM/
Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 560TI 1 GB GDDR5 "Super Over Clock" ( factory overclocked apparently ) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814125369
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 910e 2.6 GHz ( i think i have overclocked it 7% more than factory direct settings)
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

thanks for the help so far guys and looking to see what you can come up with that is fairly cheap! :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:13 pm 
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

I may be wrong but my understanding is that Nvidia cards can only run 2 monitors at once max no matter the card so to run three you'd have to go to SLI or use a spliter. only other alternative for 1 card solution would be a powerful AMD card which would run 3+ monitors on one card.